Helpful Resources for Culinary Careers
There are many resources for culinary careers. Here are a few to get you started.
Associations and Organizations
Looking for professional advice for culinary careers, information from industry experts, or just a forum for talking with other culinary enthusiasts? The following sites may help. You may also want to contact culinary arts schools for information about culinary education or specific programs.
Committed to helping North American chefs further their culinary careers, the American Culinary Federation is a professional organization with over 230 chapters nationwide.
Whether you're looking for industry news, employment opportunities, discussion forums or kitchen equipment, Foodservice.com can connect you with the culinary community and help you find what you need.
Kiplog.com has compiled an impressive list of food blogs, so there’s sure to be something for everybody.
The National Restaurant Association is a business association that aims to represent, educate and promote the restaurant and food service industry.
Retail Bakers of America aims to strengthen the community of retail bakeries by fostering industry communication, networking and training.
Get Training for Culinary Careers
If you're ready to find a school that will meet your needs and culinary career goals, visit our directory pages to find culinary arts schools in your area.
Culinary Arts Resources
- Choosing a Culinary Arts Program
- Is Culinary School Worth the Tuition?
- Culinary Jobs and Externships
- How Cooking Schools Work
- Cooking School Student Interview
- Professor Profile: Inside Culinary Schools
- Recreational Cooking Classes
- Finding a Local Cooking Class
- Career Services at Culinary Arts Schools
- Chef Job Description
- Culinary Career Outlook
- Interview: Inside Chef Jobs
- Jobs for Chef School Graduates
- Cooking Tools: A Chef's Top Ten
- Resources for Culinary Careers
Learn More About Culinary Arts
View a side-by-side comparison of culinary careers to find out which one is right for you.