Compare Culinary Careers
Culinary careers come in many different flavors.
Whether you've always known you wanted a culinary career, or you're a serious foodie who has stumbled onto the culinary career path later in life, you should consider which part of the food industry appeals most to you. There are many ways to be involved in food service—whether you're the head chef at a trendy bistro or a restaurant manager. Not sure which culinary career would be best for you? Compare culinary career options using the table below:
|Career Facts:||Executive Chef||Pastry Chef||Baker||Restaurant Manager|
|Are there training options that take 2 years or less?|
|Are there master's degree options?|
|Job Duties:||Executive Chef||Pastry Chef||Baker||Restaurant Manager|
|Decorating/plating pastries and desserts|
|Determining the menu and pricing|
|Determining the restaurant theme|
|Establishing/maintaining vendor relationships|
|Keeping kitchen organized|
|Keeping the restaurant in compliance with health codes|
|Managing customer relations|
|Oversee kitchen staff|
|Producing baked goods|
|Skills/Traits Needed:||Executive Chef||Pastry Chef||Baker||Restaurant Manager|
|Desire to continue learning|
|Thrives under pressure|
Start Your Culinary Career Education
Whether you're most passionate about baking artisan breads or managing a busy restaurant business, there's a culinary career path that will fit your interests and skill set. Once you've decided which culinary career path is right for you, the next step is to get the education you'll need.
Research the culinary schools in our directory to find programs that interest you. Then, request information about specific programs, and get started meeting your culinary career goals, today.
Culinary Arts Schools & Careers
- A Professor's Advice About Culinary Schools
- Chef Interview: An Inside Look at Chef Jobs
- Chef Job Description
- Chef Job Outlook
- Choosing a Culinary Arts Program
- Compare Culinary Careers
- Cooking School Student Profile
- Culinary Arts Salary Information
- Culinary Arts Schools Offer Career Help
- Culinary Externships Equal Work Experience
- Culinary School and Career Resource Center
- Find Local Cooking Classes to Fit Your Goals
- Helpful Resources for Culinary Careers
- Is Culinary School Worth the Time and Tuition?
- Jobs for Chef School Graduates
- Recreational Cooking Classes
- Top Ten Essential Cooking Tools
- What is Culinary School Really Like?
FIND A CULINARY SCHOOL TODAY
Tell us a little about yourself and we'll connect you with schools that offer culinary arts programs.