Outlook for Restaurant and Hospitality Jobs
See what the future holds for restaurant and hospitality jobs.
If you're looking for hospitality jobs, here's some good news. Employment in the industry has been consistently growing, and it's projected to continue for several more years. However, if you want management positions in hospitality companies like restaurants, hotels, casinos and spas, be prepared to face more competition than they would for non-management jobs.
But you'll have the upper hand if you get the right restaurant management training.
With the National Restaurant Association (NRA) stating that industry sales were down in 2022 due to Covid
What does this all mean for aspiring restaurant managers? While there is opportunity in the restaurant industry, the hospitality jobs at the top of the food chain are fewer and more competitive. Expect to find the largest number of restaurant management job opportunities in chain restaurants and fewer opportunities in independently owned and operated establishments.
Hotel and lodging businesses make up another healthy sector of the hospitality job market. The most recent information from the American Hotel and Lodging Association shows that the industry will bring roughly $168 billion to the U.S. economy in 2022.
Many factors affect employment opportunities for aspiring hotel managers. More jobs are available in urban areas or popular tourist destinations. There may also be more opportunities for both employment and advancement in large hotel chains. Full-service hotels will also employ more people than limited-service establishments. Growth in both hotel chains and luxury hotels will result in increased employment options for hotel managers.
Sources: National Restaurant Association, American Hotel & Lodging Association
Restaurant Management Degrees & Careers
- Become a Desirable Job Candidate by Attending Restaurant Management School
- Choosing a Restaurant Management Degree
- Get the Right Hospitality Management Training: A Department Chair Offers Her Advice
- Hotel and Restaurant Management Salary Info
- Outlook for Restaurant and Hospitality Jobs
- Restaurant Management Career Resource Center
- Restaurant Manager Interview
- Restaurant Manager Job Description
- Sustainability, Food Safety are Part of Food and Beverage Management Degree Programs
- That's the Spirit: Wine and Spirits Manager Careers
FIND A CULINARY SCHOOL TODAY
Tell us a little about yourself and we'll connect you with schools that offer culinary arts programs.