Hotel and Restaurant Management Salary Info
Find out what you can earn in these hospitality careers.
Hotel and restaurant managers are some of the top earners in the hospitality industry. The daily demands of these jobs are intense, but for people with a passion for the business, it can pay off in both job satisfaction as well as a good salary.
Besides your hotel and restaurant management salary, there are a number of benefits that come with these jobs. Managers often earn bonuses of up to 50% of their basic salary, and they may receive free or discounted meals, rooms, parking or other services. You may also be eligible for benefits such as profit-sharing, retirement plans or tuition reimbursement.
With so many factors in play, it can be difficult predict your salary. However, the table below will give you a general idea of what to expect from hotel and restaurant management salaries:
|Job Title||Median Annual Salary|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||$56,520|
|Food Service Managers||$61,310|
Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2022 Occupational Employment Statistics.
The salary information listed is based on a national average, unless noted. Actual salaries may vary greatly based on specialization within the field, location, years of experience and a variety of other factors. National long-term projections of employment growth may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions, and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Restaurant Management Degrees & Careers
- Become a Desirable Job Candidate by Attending Restaurant Management School
- Choosing a Restaurant Management Degree
- Get the Right Hospitality Management Training: A Department Chair Offers Her Advice
- Hotel and Restaurant Management Salary Info
- Outlook for Restaurant and Hospitality Jobs
- Restaurant Management Career Resource Center
- Restaurant Manager Interview
- Restaurant Manager Job Description
- Sustainability, Food Safety are Part of Food and Beverage Management Degree Programs
- That's the Spirit: Wine and Spirits Manager Careers
FIND A CULINARY SCHOOL TODAY
Tell us a little about yourself and we'll connect you with schools that offer culinary arts programs.